Coronavirus Readiness Level
We are currently in: Yellow
What this means:
- Activities involving young people: no limit on group size for outdoor meetings but remain as only one section meeting independently of others. Indoor activities are limited to a maximum of 25 young people plus leaders.
- Scout Network programmed activities (non social): no limit on group size for outdoor meetings but remain as only one section meeting independently of others. Indoor activities are limited to a maximum of 25 young people plus leaders.
- Adult activities (non-social) with no young people present : Adults may meet for the purposes of providing the charity’s purpose.Full details in getting adults involved again guidance.
Submitting your Risk Assessment
Once you have had your Risk Assessment approved by your Group Scout Leader and Group Executive Committee, you will need to send your Risk Assessment to the District Executive Committee.
Please allow at least 7 days from submission date for a response. We would encourage sections to hold off from making plans and inviting parents to sessions until you have had approval from the District.
On the approvals form, your approver is James Pugh and the email is James.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Events Policy
As we return to the ‘new normal’, we will once again be running physical face-to-face district events. As always, the safety and wellbeing of our Young People will be our number one priority.
To keep our events safe, we will:
- Undertake a COVID-19 Risk Assessment, and take reasonable steps to reduce risks
- Have cleaning and hygiene procedures in place for events in our buildings
- Ensure that our providers have a COVID-19 Risk Assessment, and work to ensure we adhere to these
- Do everything we practically can to manage transmission risk
In return, we ask that leaders, young people and parents:
- Undertake COVID-19 testing where this is required for an event, and upload proof of tests when requested (this will mainly be used for Nights Away and Residential Experiences)
- Refrain from participating in activities if the participant, or anyone in their household is unwell, showing symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19
- Communicate with our team if they have any concerns, so we can help bring everyone back to scouting in a way they are comfortable