Event Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in participating in one of our events. Before you proceed to purchase tickets, we strongly recommend you go through the following terms and conditions:
- In this section, words like ‘holder’, ‘bearer’, and ‘purchaser’ will refer to you – the person who will buy the tickets to one of our events. On the other hand, ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘issuer’, ‘provider’ and similar terms will indicate the organisers of one of our events– Elstree and District Scouts.
- Please note that Elstree and District Scouts reserves the right to make changes, revisions, and amendments, or add/remove sections from this set of terms and conditions – without any prior notifications to you. Such changes will be duly reflected on our website, and will be communicated to ticket holders via email
- The price of our events/tickets is set on the bookings page. This figure is non-negotiable.
- The ticket you purchase represents a revocable license for you to access the stated venue at the state date or time when one of our events is scheduled to be hosted. The license includes the revocable right to attending the one of our events. This license can be revoked at any time by the issuer at its sole discretion, without any prior notifications or compensation options. If the license is revoked, you will not be granted entry at the venue.
- The bearer has to assume full responsibility of the one of our events/tickets, once (s)he receives it. Elstree and District Scouts has no liabilities – financial, legal, or otherwise – in case the delivered tickets are stolen, lost, damaged, destroyed or rendered unusable in any other way.
- The one of our events/tickets delivered to you are not meant to be used for illegal reselling, copying, reproducing, or misrepresenting in any form. You cannot use the ticket(s) for any promotional/advertising purposes either (including sweepstakes and competitions) without our prior approval. Any proven record of such activities will result in immediate seizure and cancellation of your ticket(s).
- Please note that one of our events/tickets cannot be redeemed against cash, credits, or any other benefits.
- Elstree and District Scouts has the right to investigate if there has been any violation of the one of our events ticketing terms and conditions. In case of any conflicts, the decision of Elstree and District Scouts will be deemed final (i.e., the issuer will remain the final arbiter in cases of disputes).
- Elstree and District Scouts do not issue refunds for any tickets after they have been purchased
- If you are not able to access any particular section(s) of the venue – due to delays, organiser policies, weather-related problems, emergencies, venue shutdown/evacuation or any other reason, you will not be eligible for any refunds or future credits.
- If one of our eventsis cancelled in its entirety due to any unforeseen circumstances, Elstree and District Scouts has the sole and absolute right to:
- i) reschedule the event, or
- ii) issue a partial/full refund, or
- iii) not issue any refunds.
Please note that the decision of the issuer in such cases will be deemed final and binding.
- If one of our events is cancelled due to any factors or causes not in the control of the issuer, the latter will offer a partial or full refund, or postpone the event, or provide a comparable ‘make good’ option. These factors will be inclusive of, but not limited to, natural disasters, federal/state announcements, strikes, delays in production, and the like. Once again, the decision of Elstree and District Scouts will be considered final.
- If one of our events has to be rescheduled to other dates, you will not be eligible for any refunds. In case the event is fully cancelled, the refund, if issued, will include ONLY the face value/printed value of the ticket(s). The bearer cannot, under any circumstances, claim refunds on shipping fees, processing fees, handling fees, and such other charges.
- Losses, if any, occurring due to foreign exchange fluctuations at the time of refunds, have to be borne by the purchaser. Elstree and District Scouts cannot be, in any way, held liable for that.
- All ticket sales are deemed as FINAL TRANSACTIONS. There will be no ticket returns/exchanges/cancellations.
- You confirm that the young person belongs to the correct section and group for the event. If you do not belong to any section/group within the district, or are a member of the wrong section. Your ticket will be cancelled without refund.
- You hereby agree to forego all types of surcharge claims – full or in part – and all claims & entitlements related to it.
- Elstree and District Scouts does not take any responsibility to personal/financial damages caused to you at the venue, or for any items lost/stolen/misplaced at the venue. Financial reimbursement claims on these counts will not be entertained.
- Please note that you purchase one of our events/tickets on your own free will. As such, you do not have the right to initiate a chargeback claim or dispute on the provider of the credit card/debit card that had been used for the transaction. Further refund/return/cancellation requests will not be entertained either.
- In all cases of disputes between the ticket-bearer and the ticket-issuer, the decision of the latter will be deemed final. In case a dispute cannot be resolved, the help of an independent third-party arbiter will be sought.
We really hope you will have a great time at our events.